Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kavanah Garden


I was recently looking at the Adamah blog (Adamah is a a Jewish farming internship for young Jewish college-students and recent college-graduates at a farm on site of the Isabella Friedman Retreat Center. I'm doing to be an Adamahnik this summer.) So i thought i'd let you guys know about this really cool group started by some previous Adamahniks which touched upon themes in my last post. It's called Kavanah and it's an organic community teaching garden in Ontario, Canada. Visit this website to learn more. Also, check out Risa's posting on the Adamah program blog to learn more about the cool stuff she's doing. Also, you should just read the Adamah blog anyway (especially this summer when i'm going to be in the program!!!)

So just some more ideas about starting community educational gardens at colleges and at Jewish community centers (like this one). 

4 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    Just wanted to say that I looked at the website and it sounds like you are going to have a beautiful summer. Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah. I was googling the Kavanah Garden (we're starting a blog for the garden and I wanted to see if it comes up in google searches) and I found your posting. Thanks for the shout-out! I hope that your time at Adamah is a beautiful and growthful as mine was :) If you're ever passing through Toronto, be in touch and come visit the Kavanah Garden!
    With light,
    Risa Alyson Strauss
    risa@torathateva.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks risa! i might take you up on that offer since i am going to be living in upstate new york next year. good luck with kavanah! it's really exciting work you are doing.

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, I lost your phone number. Can you please email me at:
    mfrailich@gmail.com

    thank you,
    Midge

    ReplyDelete