Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This is what I do when i avoid school work

Listen to long radio posts on Eco-kashrut! Any one interested go to this link. Play the radio program "Jews, Food, and Ethics" and listen to some rad rabbis talk about Jews and eating and all our food complications. Good stuff. 

Also, should kashrut mean being vegetarian? That's kind of funny. I certainly do think it's the most "fit" food, but it's a kind of strange question to ask. I face a lot of vegetarian-hatred at the Hillel kosher dining hall. What's it with observant Jew's obsession with meat? And my step-dad keeps trying to make me into a shabb0s-only meat eater as if "vegetarian" means nothing to him.

That's enough of my musings. I'm ready for school to be done and start farming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment